National Informatics Centre (NIC) is a premier Information Technology organization in India committed to providing state-of-the-art solutions for the IT needs of the Government of India at all levels. NIC carries the distinction of being the largest IT Organization in the Country and has set up a satellite based nationwide communication network called NICNET having over 1400 nodes connecting the National Capital, the State Capitals and the District Headquarters to one another. The IT services of NIC range from Consultancy, Software Design & Development, Office Automation and Networking Services to Training, Video Conferencing, CAD, EDI, Multimedia and Internet Services including Web Site Development and Hosting. NIC has a nationwide presence with its offices spread all across the Country, from Leh to Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Since its inception in 1993, NIC Sikkim is working tirelessly towards realising the dream of E- Governance in the state of Sikkim. Under the expert guidance of Shri. Birendra Chettri; State Informatics Officer; NIC Sikkim NIC State and District Units are continuously working on various projects in the State Government Departments to facilitate use of Information and Communication Technology. The organizational set up of NIC Sikkim encompasses its Headquarters at Tashiling, Gangtok and 4 District Centres at East, West, South and North district of Sikkim. The Organization employs a large pool of efficient technical manpower.
At the State level, NIC State Centres provide informatics support to their respective State Government and at the District level lie the NIC District Infomatics Offices which strive hard to provide effective informatics support to the Development, Revenue and Judiciary administration of the District. NIC provides extensive training to government officials at various operational levels, design and development of application software and provision of LAN and WAN connectivity to various government offices.
Entire Secretariat complex is wired over LAN and WAN facilities for information exchange. Recently RF link was established to enhance internet connectivity in remote government departments beyond the Secretariat complex. Successful completion of following projects by NIC Sikkim state unit had advanced and consolidated e-governance dreams of state.
Networking Services is a very important component of our Services and under this service we have provided Connectivity to all Government Departments with free Bandwith through fibre optics or Wimax Technology And we are also providing Cyber Security Services to all these Departments to ensure that the departmental data as well as the network is always safe and secure.
Video Conferencing Services
Similarly, Video Conferencing Services is another very important component of our Service
Four Studios at NIC State Centre, One each in all district, CMO, Raj Bhawan, Police Head Quarter, Election office are extensive used for state level to national level meetings. Our Engineers are providing relentless support and service even during holidays.Bharat VC is a latest version of our Video Conferencing services under which participants from any location Can join with a computer with multimedia facility or even with a smart Phone and participate in the meeting and the discussion.
1. SBS Core Banking Solution(Retail Banking, ATM Management, Cash Management, Loan Management)-Implemented in all 64 branches.
2. Land Record Modernization(Mutation, Registration, ROR, sell Deed, Cadastral Survey, Capacity Building) handed over to Department in 2015
3. E-District(Senior citizen certificate, Income certificate, Property Certificate , Caste certificate, Unmarried certificate, Schedule Tribe, Schedule Caste Certificate, OBC Certificate, e-Pass during Covid 19 lockdown. Primitive Tribe Certificate, Birth Verification Letter, Death Verification letter).
4. Online Trade License System(Implemented for Gangtok Municipal Corporation)
5. E-Abkari (Liquar Supply Chain-Excise Department) Launched in the State of Sikkim on 16th July, 2021
6. Water and Sewerage Online Billing Services(Billing, Payment, New Connection)
7. Five services of Gangtok Municipal Corporation has been launched by Honourable Mayor on 11th August, 2021. They are
a) Issuance of Permission for Banner Placement
b) Issuance of Permission for Mega Events
c) Issuance of MG Marg Permission for Profitable Events
d) Issuance of MG Marg Permission for Non-Profitable Events
e) Gangtok Municipal Corporation : Grievance Redressal
8. E-PDS (Ration Card, Supply Chain, Online Allocation, FPS automation). Inaugurated
By HCM on 28th June 2021.
9. Transport Project(Driving License, Vehicle Registration, Online Token Tax)
10. Sikkim Integrated Financial Management System ( Connecting, All DDOs, PAO, FRED, Budget, AG Office, GST, Planning, DESME)
11. e-Tendering (All tenders above Rs. 1 Crores)
12. e-Panchayet (LGD, Area Profiler, Plan Plus, Priyasoft, NAD, Training Management, Social Audit, Action Soft, NPP, Service Plus and Online Audit)
13. SPARROW (Online Appraisal)
14. National Social Assistance Program (Four Different Types of Pension)
15. National Scholarship Portal (Online Apply, Verify and Credit to Student AC)
16. MGNREGA-MIS (Job Cards, Payment)
17. Online Consent Management (Apply, payment, Clearance)-State PCB
18. Sikkim Public Service Commission (Online Register, Payment, Admit Card)
19. Immigration Visa and Foreigners Registration Tracking (IVFRT)
20. ALIS(Arm licenses Issuing system)-Sikkim Police
21. Inter Operable Criminal Justice System(CCTNS, E-Prison, E-prosecution, E-Forensic, E-Courts)
22. CONFONET (E-filing, Cause List, Orders, Judgements, Status, SMS Alert)
23. Domain Services(NIC.in domain and Gov.in Domain)
24. NIC E-mail and SMS Services(e-forms.nic.in)
25. Webhosting Services( Around 50 Websites of GOS hosted)
26. Manav Sampada (Human Resource Management System)
27. E-Office( Notes, Letters, Documents, Leaves, Tours )
28. Sikkim House Reservation Systems
29. Track the Missing Child
30. Integrated Disease Surveillance Project
31. Mother and Child Tracking System
EoDB (Ease of Doing Business) Services
1. Registration of Cooperative Societies and its renewal – 2 Services
2. Registration of Migrant Labour and its Renewal – 2 Services
3. Legal Metrology (Manufacturer) and its Renewal – 2 Services
4. Legal Metrology (Repairer) and its Renewal – 2 Services
5. Legal Metrology (Dealer) and its Renewal – 2 Services
6. NOC from Fire Department and its renewal – 2 Services
7. Packaging License from Legal Metrology – 1 Service
8. Log Book for Legal Metrology – 1 Service
9. Encumbrance & Non Encumbrance Certificate – 2 Service
Total 16 Services
Districts Major Projects
1. Certificate of Identification Management System.
2. Land Acquisition Management System.
3. Implementation of E- District.
4. Orchid Registration Software.
5. Residential Certificate Management System.
6. Secure, Scalable and Sugamya Website as a Service(S3WAAS)
7. Disaster Management Plan (DMP) Management Software
8. NICNET & NKN Connectivity, YMAX
9. Aspirational District dash board
Projects for the Future
1 Online Building Permission System.
2. Parichaya Dashboard(Single Sign on Dash Board for Citizens and Government employees)
3. Enterprise Architecture
4. E-Hospital (Hospital Management, online OPD Card, Admission, Discharge, Transfer, Store and Pharmacy, Testing Lab Management, E-Blood Bank Etc.)
5. Grievance Redressal System (Apply for Grievance, Track)
We at NIC are fully Committed to Deliver the best E-governance Services for the welfare of the State.