Biodata Of Hon'ble Chief Minister
|Dr. Pawan Chamling|
NAME OF CONSTITUENCY
|Shri Aash Bahadur Chamling|
|MOTHER'S NAME||Smt. Aasha Rani Chamling|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 22, 1950.|
PLACE OF BIRTH
|Yangang, South Sikkim.|
NUMBER OF CHILDREN
|Daugthers - 4 Sons - 4|
Sr. Secondary School, Yangang;
(honoris cousa), Manipal University, 2003.
|Chintan Purashkar, 1987||
– presented by Sikkim Sahitya Parishad for his poem “Maile samjheko samjhana-ma kati kati, being published in the Annual literary magazine Chintan
Bharat Siromani 1996
– presented by Shiromani Foundation, New Delhi on March 5, 1997 “for his outstanding contribution to integrate the people of Sikkim with the rest of the country, for endeavouring to bring them in the national mainstream and for reinforcing democratic system in Sikkim”.
Greenest Chief Minister of India, 1998
– presented by Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi for his outstanding contribution towards Nature conservation measures undertaken in the Country.
|Man of the Year, 1998||
– presented by Biographical Institute, USA for “his outstanding accomplishment to date and the noble example he has set for this peers and entire community”
|Manav Seva Purashkar, 1999||
– presented by Institute of Economic Studies, New Delhi for his “rare vision in bringing about far-reaching changes in the quality of life for poor …….. championing the cause of the Sikkimese people and downtrodden specially upliftment of women rights and child welfare …
Poets’ Foundation Award, Kolkata, 2002
by POETS FOUNDATION, Kolkata “for his lifetime achievement in
literature” for 2001.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
|SLNO||NAME OF AWARD||YEAR OF AWARD|
|1||Balraj Sahani National Award.||1995|
|2||Secular India harmony Award.||1996|
|3||Pride of India Gold Award||1998|
|4||Outstanding Man of the 20th Century||1999|
|5||Man of the Year (ABI).||1999|
|6||Indo Nepal Friendship & Economic Cooperation||1999|
|7||Man of Dedication Manav Sewa Puraskar||1999|
|8||Secular India Harmony Award- 1998||1999|
|9||Rashtriya Ekta Purashkar||1999|
|10||Gold Star Award.||1999|
|11||International Man of the Millennium.||1999|
|12||ABI Gold Record of Achievement for 1999.||1999|
|13||Best Citizen of India.||1999|
|14||The ABI Laurels for Dedicated Personal Attainment (World Laureate of the ABI).||2000|
|15||Outstanding Speaker Award by IBC||2000|
|16||2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 20th Century.||2000|
|17||Outstanding man of 20th Century & Millennium Medal of Honor.||2000|
|18||Commemorative Medal of Honor, Hallmark.||2000|
|19||Man of the Year-2000.||2000|
|20||Gold Star Award-A Symbol of Outstanding Achievement.||2000|
|21||Sahitya Sanskar Samman.||2000|
|23||Platinum record for exceptional performance by ABI.||2000|
|24||Jawaharlal Nehru Excellence Award by Institute of Economic studies.||2000|
|25||International Medal of Vision||2000|
|26||Seva Ratna Award by Indian Board of Alternative Medicines.||2000|
|27||International order of marit by IBC.||2000|
|28||American Order of Excellence.||2000|
|29||Outstanding man of 21st Century by ABI||2001|
|30||International Personality of the Year by IBC.||2001|
|31||Universal Award of accomplishment by ABI||2001|
|32||Man of the Year.||2001|
|33||Induction into the 2002-2003 Issue of Leading Intellectuals of the World.||2001|
|34||American Medal of Honour.||2001|
|35||Presidential Seal of Honour 2001.||2001|
|36||2001 Noble Prize for outstanding achievement and contributions to Humanity of the United Cultural Convention (UCC), USA.||2001|
|37||The International Biographical Centre Lifetime Achievement Award.||2001|
|38||Life time achievement award by IBC.||2001|
|39||Outstanding Man of the 21st Century.||2002|
|40||American Medal of Honor.||2002|
|41||Vikas Shiromani Puraskar by institute of Economic studies.||2002|
|42||National Citizen’s Award.||2002|
|43||Doctor of Philosophy (honoris causa) from the Manipal University.||Oct 11,2003|
|44||Man of Achievement.||2005|
|45||State’s Impressive Performance Award by the India Today conclave of Chief Ministers.||2005|
|46||Best state award in education by India Today Group.||2005|
|47||1st Bharat Gauarv Award & Patronship.||2005|
|48||Award for Best Eco-Tourism Destination||2006|
|49||American Medal of Honour.||2006|
|50||7th Best in the Country according to Galileo Travel World’s Awards.||2006|
|51||Best performance state by India Today Group.||2006|
|52||National Tourism Awards 2005-06.||2007|
Contractor (Class 1 unlimited).|
Namchi, South Sikkim.|
Mintokgang, Gangtok, Sikkim (Residence), Chief Minister’s Secretariat,Tashiling, Gangtok, Sikkim (Office).
|PHONE NUMBER (OFFICE)||03592 – 202575|
|PHONE NUMBER (RESIDENCE)||03592 - 202536, 202304, 221122|
POSITIONS HELD (YEARWISE)
i. 1985-89, MLA & Chairman, Sikkim Distilleries Ltd.
ii. 1989-92, Minister for Industries, IPR & Printing Department.
iii. Chief Minister of Sikkim from 12th December 1994 till date.
i. Prominent contribution in the movement towards recognition of Nepali Language in the 8th schedule of Indian Constitution.
pioneer in the promotion of cooperative movement in Sikkim.
involvement in the cultural and intellectual discourses spanning the last
Formed Nirman Prakashan in 1977.
Chief Editor- Nirman quarterly magazine
prolific writer, poet and thinker.
FAVOURITE PASTIME & RECREATION
writing and social works.
Sapana Mero Bipana, 1985 (collection of poems).
2. Perennial dreams and my reality
(Translation – collection of poems).
3. Damthang, Heeja Ra Aja, 1992
(collection of treatise).
4. Prativad (collection of treatise).
5. Mah Koh Hun, 1992 (collection of
6. Excavating Self (collection of
7. Prarambhik Kavitaharu, 1993
(collection of poems).
8. Sikkim Ra Nariko Maryadaa, 1994 (a
9. Crucified Prashna Aur Annya Kavitayen,
1996 (collection of poems in Hindi).
10. Sikkim Ra Prajatantra, 1996 (a treatise).
11. Democracy Redeemed, 1997 (collection
of speeches in English).
12. Prajatantrako Mirmireyma, 1997 (a
13. Sikkimey Jaati (a treatise).
14. Mero Sapanako Sikkim, Volume I, II,
III & IV, 2002- 2007 (collection of speeches).
15. Perspectives and Visions, Volume I,
II & III 2002-2007 (collection of speeches in English).
16. Prajatantrik Andolanko Aatma
Sangharsha, 2004 (collection of treatise).
17. Pawan Chamling ka
PUBLICATIONS AND WRITINGS ON CHAMLING AS A POLITICIAN AND LITERARY PERSONALITY:
18. Vichar, Kranti Ra Parivartan (C.B. Karki and Bhim Dahal).
19. Daring to be Different, 2003
(biography written by Yogendra Bali).
20. Pawan Chamling – Vyakti Ra
Vyaktitva (Kamal Sadai).
21. Pawan Chamling – Man of the
22. Chhapama Pawan Chamling.
23. Pawan Chamling in Print Media.
24. Bharatiya Nepali Kavita Vrittama
Pawan Chamlingko Yogdan (Mahesh Parsai).
25. Dr. Pawan Chamling – Yug Purush? (Damber
26. Pawan Chamling – Bharatiya
Kavitako Sandarbhama (Dr. Harka Bahadur Chhetri).
27. Pawan Chamling - Pragyik Ayam Ra
28. Vartako Vritta Bhitra Pawan Chamling
29. Sandarbha – Pawan Chamlingka Teen
Kavita Sangraha Ra Geetharu (Prem Thulung).